History

LEON DAICHES ELEMENTARY: A LITTLE HISTORY...

Originally known as the Montrose School, the campus opened its doors in 1922 as a four room brick building in the Montrose neighborhood. The name of the school was changed in 1963 to honor Leon Daiches, a local businessman who served on the Laredo ISD Board of Trustees in the late 1930’s through the 1940’s. In 2005, the old campus was demolished to make space for a new school which was dedicated in 2006. Today Daiches Elementary serves more than 606 students in Pre-Kindergarten through Fifth grades with 79 employees on staff. Our school mascot is the mighty eagle and we proudly wear our colors, blue and gold!